KUALA LUMPUR (Sept 22): Master Builders Association Malaysia (MBAM) has awarded RM230,000 scholarships to eight tertiary students at the MBAM Education Scholarship Award 2022.
In a press statement, MBAM stated that it recognises the importance of continuing to assist deserving students in pursuing their higher education.
MBAM also noted that it has focused on funding students’education in selected fields such as Quantity Surveying, Civil Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering.
The association went on to say that it will continue to contribute to the academic and upward progress of Malaysian youth, who can be the future leaders of the construction industry.
Currently, the MBAM Education Fund Board of Management (BOM) provides a yearly scholarship of RM10,000 without any bond to deserving students, for them to pursue education at selected local universities approved by the BOM, leading to a Malaysian Qualification Agency (MQA)-accredited bachelor degree, or a professional qualification for construction-related courses.
Adding to that, MBAM also hopes that by awarding scholarships, more students will enroll themselves into construction-related courses and pursue a career in the construction industry.
MBAM has been awarding scholarships totalling approximately RM3.3 million since 2004, with a total of 171 scholarship students.
Below are the MBAM Education Scholarship Award 2022 recipients:
1. Shahrizad Hafifi Bin Mohamed Yusof, Bachelor of Quantity Surveying, Universiti Teknologi Mara;
2. Ten Kang Yeaw, Bachelor of Civil Engineering, University of Malaya;
3. Tan Hoe Yin, Bachelor of Civil Engineering, University of Malaya;
4. Bowie Koh Chao Wei, Bachelor in Civil Engineering, University of Malaya.
The MBAM-Datuk Astaman Abdul Aziz Education Scholarship Award 2022 recipient:
1. Hamdan Bin Hamsa, Bachelor of Civil Engineering, Universiti Tun Hussein Onn.
The MBAM-Oh Kim Sun Education Scholarship Award 2022 recipient:
1. Law Jing Yang, Bachelor of Civil Engineering, University of Malaya.
The MBAM-Tan Sri Dato’ Sri Sufri Hj Mhd Zin Education Scholarship Award 2022 recipient:
1. Muhammad Izzat Bin Sulaiman, Bachelor of Quantity Surveying, University Teknologi MARA, Shah Alam.
The MBAM-Glocomp Systems (M) Sdn Bhd Education Scholarship Award 2022 recipient:
1. Muhammad Haqimi Bin Ramli, Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering, International Islamic University Malaysia.
This news was also published in :
1. edgeprop.my, 22 September 2022 : https://www.edgeprop.my/content/1903789/mbam-awards-scholarships-worth-rm230000-eight-tertiary-students
2. klsescreener.com, 22 September 2022 : https://www.klsescreener.com/v2/news/view/1046857/mbam-awards-scholarship-worth-rm230-000-to-eight-tertiary-students