Handing Over of a Building Worth RM4 Million for

Universiti Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia (UTHM) handed over a building worth RM4 million to the Institute of Ahli Sunnah Wal Jamaah, UTHM to administer the operation of the Madrasah...
11080413_1563729957241374_1953377751491356885_o

Universiti Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia (UTHM) handed over a building worth RM4 million to the Institute of Ahli Sunnah Wal Jamaah, UTHM to administer the operation of the Madrasah Tahfiz Al-Quran Al-Muttaqin (an Islamic school) as part of the university charity programme, particularly for the community of Bukit Pasir, Muar, Johor. The school would be in operation at a building, jointly donated by UTHM and Johor Islamic Council (MAIJ). This school was the first to be involved in such collaboration and would be the first centre of Islamic studies to implement the Tahfiz Quality Assurance (JTQA) in this country. The official handover of the building was completed by Dato’ Dr Nooh Gadot, the advisor of the Johor Islamic Council (MAIJ) and a member of UTHM Board of Directors. It was targeted that JTQA could develop at least 40% of the students to become ulama while the remaining 60% would fulfill job market demands according to the Ahli Sunnah Wal Jamaah Syariah. As a start, the school would accept about 40 to 60 students to undergo their tahfiz studies for 3 years before accepting the next intake. The main concern is the quality of the students and not the quantity. This is in line with the University mission to develop and deliver knowledge based on the paradigm of tauhid.

Categories
Social, welfare and community

RELATED ARTICLE